This challenge is prompted by the song 19-Somethin’ by Mark Wills. You can hear the song here: https://youtu.be/UhSCeItgUEc The following questions are taken from the various lines in the song. There are also a few random questions thrown into the mix to make it a post a day for the month – 30 posts.
Here is a button that you can use in your 19-Somethin’ posts to make it easier for folks to find your challenge posts. Please save this image to your computer and link it to this page: https://mcclendonvilla.wordpress.com/september-19-somethin-challenge/
The link up tool should be available on Wednesday, 31 August 2016, and will run until midnight September 30. Feel free to jump in anytime!
Here are the questions for the entire month of September:
- What movie could you, or did you, see over and over and over again when you were a teenager?
- What is the first video game that you remember playing? Were you good at it? What game system did you play it on or was it in an arcade?
- Did you ever take something apart just to see how it worked or what was inside it? What was it? What did you find in there?
- Did you have a sports hero? Who was he or she and what was their sport?
- Today is Labor Day in the United States. How old were you when you got your first job? What was that job? Did you enjoy it?
- What did you collect when you were a kid? Do you know what prompted the desire to collect these things?
- Did you ever get hurt trying to imitate someone else? What happened?
- What celebrity/famous death upset you the most when you were young?
- What was your favorite celebrity/famous hairstyle when you were a teenager? Did you imitate their hairstyle?
- What fashion did you like the most, and the least, from your younger years?
- What was your favorite music genre when you were young and on what format did you first listen to it?
- When did you first have a microwave in your home? Were you afraid that it would make you sick or did you embrace this “new” technology?
- Did any of the men in your family have big sideburns? What did you think of it then? What do you think of it now, looking back?
- Did you get into any of the toy/game crazes, such as the Rubik’s Cube, Polly Pockets, or Cabbage Patch dolls or anything like that?
- Did you get into MTV? If not, what was your favorite music-based TV program?
- Who was your favorite TV character? What did you like about them? Who did you like the least?
- Do you remember where you were and/or what you were doing when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded? This happened on 28 January 1986. Were there any big events going on in your personal life at the time?
- Did you like to roller skate? Did you go to a skating rink or did you skate on the sidewalk/street at home? If you went to the skating rink, did you spend more time skating or socializing?
- What was your favorite kind of car when you were young? Did you ever get to have one of your own?
- Did you ever have “big” hair? If so, please share a picture!
- Tell me about the first home you remember living in with your parents.
- When did you first live on your own? Did you buy or rent your first home? Do you have a picture of it? Please share it if you do.
- How old were you when you bought your first car? What kind of car did you get? Do you still have it?
- Is there another song that makes you reminiscent of your teenage years?
- If you could go back in time to your childhood, would you? What would you want to change, if anything?
- What is something about your younger years that you absolutely would not change or trade for anything?
- What do you remember the most from the year that you turned 19? What was going on in your life back then?
- When did you go on your first date? What did you do? Where did you go? Did you go out on another date with that person?
- Were you into Star Wars or were you a Trekkie? Both or neither?
- Reflection Post: What did you think of this challenge? OR A Random Thought Post.
Thank you to those who participated in this 19-Somethin’ Challenge. Stay tuned to McClendon Villa for updates on the challenge for September 2017.