2017 September’s Back Where I Come From Challenge
“Back where I come from
Where I’ll be when it’s said and done
I’m proud as anyone
That’s where I come from”
This challenge is based on Kenny Chesney’s song “Back Where I Come From”. I have included other home-and hometown-related questions to round out our 30 days of posts.
Please answer these questions on your own blog and leave your link in the comment section of each of my daily posts. Or, feel free to answer in the comment section of each daily post.
There won’t be a linky for this challenge. Just leave your links in the comment section of each day’s post.
You can hear the song here: Back Where I Come From
- Were you raised in the town in which you were born? Where were you raised?
- Were either of your parents raised in your hometown? If not, how did they end up there?
- Were you raised in a town/city or in a rural area? Do you live in the same type of place now?
- What were your hobbies as you were growing up?
- Where did all the kids “hang” in your hometown?
- Did your town have a river running through or near it? What was its name?
- Did you ever participate in creating graffiti or any type of artwork that would have been confrontational?
- How old were you when you took your first drink of alcohol, if you ever have? What were the circumstances surrounding that moment?
- Do you plan to move back to your hometown area in your older years? Why or why not?
- How do you feel about the place that you came from?
- Were there a lot of churches in your hometown? What about where you live now?
- On the opposite side of the fence, did you know of anyone engaged in an illegal activity? (In the song, they mention moonshine.)
- What color were the eyes of your first date?
- Do you tan easily or do you burn instead?
- When did your family get their first color television set? Do you remember the first show that you watched on it?
- Was your hometown a “backwards” place or do you feel that it was progressive?
- Was your hometown an economically advantaged or disadvantaged area?
- Did you like your childhood home? What did you like or not like about it?
- Did you have any pets in your childhood home? If so, please tell me about them. If you have a photograph of any of your childhood pets, please share.
- Did you have a neighborhood park/playground? Did you play there?
- Were there any flowers growing in your yard back home? What kind? Were you or your parents good gardeners?
- Did you have chores when you were a kid? What were they? What did you think about having chores? What was your least favorite chore? Is it still?
- Are you ever homesick for your hometown?
- Does your hometown have a website? Please share the link.
- What is your hometown known for? In other words, what makes it special?
- Does your hometown experience all four seasons? If not, which ones does it skip over?
- If there were no restrictions such as money or employment, where would you most like to live?
- Was your hometown like one big family or just a group of strangers?
- Does your hometown have a newspaper? Does it come out daily, bi-weekly, weekly, or some other frequency? Does your hometown have its own radio station?
- Reflection post: What did you think of this challenge? Did you enjoy it? Do you have any suggestions for 2018’s challenge song?