Here are the fill-ins:
1. My guiding word for 2018 is _____________________.
2. A house is not a home without ________________________.
3. I look forward to _____ this year.
4. I really need to _______ , because ______.
Here are my responses:
My guiding word for 2018 is faith. When all is said and done, that is what we are left with.
- Faith that He will get us through the current, seemingly endless, storm.
- Faith that He has not forgotten about us.
- Faith that the mountains that need to move will be moved.
- Faith that we will eventually get to go back home.
- Faith that things will get back to normal or we will adjust to our new normal once again.
A house is not a home without family in it, without love in it.
I really look forward to David getting to go home this year and us NOT having to do this whole routine again.
I really need to get caught up on my daily devotions and Bible readings because I am falling apart without them.
A hospital environment, with its constant interruptions, is just not at all conducive to serious Bible study and prayer. I can’t hold onto a thought here. Focus is completely gone.
But here, maybe more than anywhere, Bible study and prayer are needed. I need to find a way to fight against the tools the devil is using against me, trying to pull me away from my Heavenly Father.
I need to hold onto the faith that He won’t let me fall.
Happy New Year, y’all!