Here are the fill-in-the-blanks:
- My middle name is ______________________.
- ______________________________ surprises.
- The Super Bowl _________________________.
- My favourite sport is __________________.
Here are my responses:
1. I am one of the maybe rare people that does not have a middle name. My younger sister doesn’t have one either. Our mother figured when we grew up and got married our maiden name would become our middle name. We didn’t need another one in there muddying up the works.
Our daughters got the middle names that my sister and I didn’t get. Both of our daughters have a first name, two middle names, and their surname.
2. I do not like surprises. Not. One. Bit.
3. The Super Bowl is nothing to me but an extra headache. There are drunks all over the roads here anyway, but there will likely be even more of them this weekend. The Super Bowl is in Houston this time, so I know I do not want to have to go there for anything at all!
4. My favorite sport is…other than figure skating, I don’t have a favorite sport. I enjoyed watching the two times that the University of South Carolina was in the College World Series, but that’s about it. They won the last game in the old stadium and the first one in the new stadium.