I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Lady Lee over at ladyleemanila. Thank you, Lady Lee. I think that you rock, too!
Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
Lady Lee’s Questions:
1. What superpowers would you like to have?
I would love to be able to look into someone’s eyes and know, without a doubt, whether they are telling me the truth or telling me a lie. I have feelings one way or the other, but I want to know *absolutely*.
2. What is your idea of having a good time?
Going to cemeteries, libraries, historical places, and places loaded with nature photo opportunities, in my opinion, make for a wonderfully good time.
3. Share a quote you like.
“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.” Ansel Adams
4. Why do you blog?
I like to write and I can find my computer a lot easier than the last notebook I started writing in. It also gives me an audience which gives me feedback. I don’t necessarily crave the attention. What I want to know is if what I write is worth my time to write it and the time others take to read it.
5.What kind of music do you like to listen to when you are reading?
I don’t like to listen to music when I am reading. I am at a stage of life now where reading takes a great deal of concentration. If music were playing, I would not be able to concentrate on the reading.
6. What colour do you feel most comfortable wearing?
Black is my favorite color to wear.
7. What are at least five places you’ve enjoyed visiting?
The homes of my grandparents and Aunt Mae are one. The Biltmore House is another. The Blue Ridge Parkway is another (even though it nearly gave me a heart attack!). Charleston, South Carolina would be on this list. The theme parks 6 Flags Over Georgia, Carowinds, and Ghost Town in the Sky would be another.
8. If you were to paint a picture of your childhood, what colours would you use?
I would probably use black, white, gray, and red.
9.If you had to change identities and start over: would you be someone completely different or about the same. (I’d love to see some examples.)
I would love to become someone completely different. I would love to become someone that exudes self-confidence, poise, and inner (AND outer) beauty.
10.Do you have a signature dish? If not is there one in your family?
I don’t really have one, but my daddy and granny did. They made the best banana pudding in the world!
11. What do you seek long-term: fame and or influence, wealth, or happiness?
More than anything listed, I want to be happy. For awhile now, there has been just too much fighting against that endeavor.
The last time I did one of these awards, there were hurt feelings because I didn’t select this person or that person. So, this time I’m choosing everybody, including the one who has blocked me from commenting on her blog because she “doesn’t like white people”. If the point is to choose folks that make me smile, she most definitely did that. I smiled on my way to a major laughing jag!
- For the ladies: Are you a girly-girl or a tomboy? For the guys: Are you a rough-and-tumble guy or do you prefer quiet pursuits?
- How did your parents choose your name? Do you like it?
- What was your favorite subject in high school?
- What do you do to pass the time while you’re waiting? (At the school, doctor’s office, etc.)
- Do you live in the city or the country? Which do you prefer?
- What was your most memorable meal?
- What was your happiest moment this week?
- Do you have the job that is your life’s passion? If not, what is that passion and what is keeping you from doing it?
- What types/genre of books do you like to read? Do you prefer to read via e-reader or a real book?
- What is the most interesting story that you know from your family’s history?
- If you woke up with a million dollars in your hands tomorrow, what would you do?
***I am recycling the questions that I used when I last received this award. I just don’t have the brain power to come up with new questions right now. I hope that is okay. Thanks again, Lady Lee.
“Ansel Adams.” BrainyQuote.com. Xplore Inc, 2016. 28 October 2016. https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/anseladams107202.htm
Sunflower Image: Pixabay