Here are the fill-in-the-blanks:
1. When I run out of ___________________, I use ___________________ instead.
2. My guru is _______________.
3. I am afraid of ______________________.
4. I feel empowered ________________________
Here are my responses:
1. When I run out of words, I use music to voice my feelings instead.
2. My guru is….I have no idea. I don’t think that I really have a guru for anything these days. When I was a kid, I guess my Uncle Bobby would have been my guru of sorts. He was a preacher and did his best to guide me in the right direction. My grandparents and my Aunt Mae did what they could to be my spiritual guides, too. They taught me much. Uncle Bobby is a thousand miles away at this point and my grandparents are in Heaven now. The Bible is my guide these days, as well as friends that are more versed in the Bible than I am.
3. I am afraid of being deserted, unneeded, and being tossed into a corner like I’m nothing like folks did to my grandma when she was nearing the end of her battle with Alzheimer’s. Someone even had the nerve to tell me that I didn’t have to talk to her, that she didn’t know anything anyway. That still angers me to this day and scares me thinking that someday someone is going to think about me and treat me the same way. I am afraid of the way that Death will come for me, though I am not afraid of dying.
4. I feel empowered…I don’t really feel empowered by or about anything at this very moment. I am actually feeling kind of weak and hopelessly lost, not knowing which way to turn.
Please read David’s post over at Random Thoughts and Observations. Thanks!