Please click here to learn more about this opportunity to express gratitude.
I am thankful for…
1. The progress that David has made in stroke recovery. There is still a long way to go to get back to the way he was before, but he is determined to get there.
2. Our oldest daughter being here with us, which means that we have less to worry about in regards to her safety. I’m also glad that she is working on moving on with her life after a heartbreaking event.
3. Heavenly Father giving us our youngest daughter 21 years ago and the excitement that she has brought to our lives.
4. For a son that has vowed to take care of his parents in any way that he can, even though he is 7,000 miles away. Love and loyalty melt the miles between us.
5. For the progress that David has made with his YouTube channel and blog posting. He’s already written and scheduled the 30 posts for a challenge that we are going to participate in during the month of July. That challenge is called Word-High July. You can learn about it by clicking here.
6. For being able to reduce our electricity usage and getting our power bill down way below where it used to be. When we first came to Texas, our power bill was over $500 per month. Some months it was over $700. There were various mechanical issues in the house that were responsible for it being so high at first. However, it still remained in the $200 range even after those issues were corrected. So, we have started unplugging everything that we can unplug when we leave the house or go to bed. Now, our bill is less than $100 per month and some months less than $50. We can check our usage online and see that this week we used less than we did the week before, so we are improving!
7. For the few posts that I have been able to get written this week and for the new challenges that I have found, like this TToT one. Everyone needs a bit more gratitude in life!
8. For friends that have offered a shoulder to lean on as I come to accept this new post-stroke life and learn how to deal with it, even though I am scared of a recurrence.
9. For the food that we have in the house and a husband that understands that it is just too hot to cook these days.
10. For ways to earn an income online and through the smartphone that will help us through these difficult times.
I hope that you all have a blessed Sunday!