WEEK 7: June 24, 2016…
1. My feelings get hurt when ________________________________.
2. I am excited about ______________________________________.
3. _____ first, then _____.
4. One time, I _____, that’s why _____.
Here are my answers:
1. My feelings get hurt when I am compared to others and come up “less” My feelings are hurt when I am shown that I have no value and am just in the way. They are often hurt by people that don’t realize that I know I am lacking in the height department. It is like they think I am too stupid to have noticed that I stopped growing in 4th grade. Really, folks, those of us that are short already know it. We don’t need or want you to point it out like we are somehow inferior to you. No matter how “baby talk” you make your voice when you tell me that I am “sooo short”, it is not cute nor is it funny to me. I may smile, or even giggle a little, but I assure you, I do not think it is funny in the least. What is on my mind at that time is hoping that you will get out of my air and visual space so that I don’t end up smacking you.
This song says it all: Don’t Laugh at Me
2. I am excited about the recent upswing of activity and comments on our blogs and hope that they continue to grow and bring in new friends.
3. Make a plan first, then stick to it. Another thought is have a goal first, then follow through until you achieve it. However, sometimes flying by the seat of one’s pants works!
4. One time, I was driving home and the passenger side of my car was hit by a man that ran a stop sign; that’s why I am jumpy when cars approach intersections from the right, especially those that don’t appear to be stopping.
Please be sure to visit David’s Friendly Fill-Ins response over at: Random Thoughts and Observations.